Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Saving Money.... Feeling Good....

Since I have not been working for about two months now (I'm going to school) I feel an even great responsibility to save money for our little family. Today I went grocery shopping and I saved 41% on my grocery bill and I didn't even get the Sunday paper! So imagine the damage I could have done WITH the Sunday paper! I had made plans to get the paper but we came in town Sunday afternoon from a long 4 days of being in Atlanta with 3000 other Christians (at Lads to Leaders) and I just was way too tired and with it being the last thing on my mind.... I just plain forgot.... OOOPPPPPSSSSS! But still 41%..... Not bad! And the crazy thing is I only got one thing that was the off brand..... I'm not all "gotta have the name brand", but some people are and it just goes to show that if you plan a little you can get all the good stuff at half the price!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Well it's a good thing that you saved money on a paper b/c since it was a holiday weekend, there were NO coupons in the paper :( I don't like it when there aren't coupons, but it gives me a chance to catch up on organizing mine :o) This Sunday should be a great coupon day! You did a great job on the savings!!