Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Came & Gone

Eric came home from camp (his second week of camp) on June 28 and he left for the mission trip with the kids on July 5. Yep, he came home on a Saturday and he was gone the next Saturday. I can't wait for him to be home again. This is his last week long trip for the summer! YAY! Our next trip will be to six flags for the day with the kids. Eric planned this trip on a Tuesday so I would be able to go....(my off day at work is on Tuesdays). I can't wait! It has been a few years since I have been and I am looking forward to it. My brothers may be coming up here and going with us! :)
Ok, I know I need to stay on topic...... Eric is gone on a mission trip to NC with the kids. They are putting together a VBS for a church there and they will do a few service projects during the day! I wish I could go. I have such a drive to do things like this and to be with the kids but I have to stay home and hold down the fort...... which means I must stay and work all day and get some home improvement projects done at night. YUCK! I can't wait for the day that I get to stay home! That way I can go on all the trips with the Youth Group and I can help out more at Church (I really want to get involved with the food pantry at church). Their is so much that I want to do but with a job that requires me to be here from 7 am to 6 pm I don't really have time for the extras.... ONE DAY! I don't know when that day will be but it will come..... ONE DAY!

1 comment:

Lynne Griffies said...

I hope your day for staying home will not be too far off in the future.