I am a Youth Ministers wife and I work full time as a Chiropractic Assistant. I sell PartyLite as a part time job. I love the product and I love sharing it with others! I am blessed to have the most wonderful husband in the world!
When you feel discouraged and like no one understands just remember that their is always someone who went through the exact same thing.... Jesus Christ! He walked on this earth and went through the same things we do.... do you think he was hurt or even felt discouraged? SURE he did! But he knew he had a purpose and he didn't let anything get in that way!
Sometimes we come across people who are hurting so much on the inside that they want to bring others down with them. They want to gossip and turn others against people for no reason other than the fact that it makes them feel better. These kinds of people upset me. I don't like to see others hurt especially for no reason..... and I don't like to hurt..... especially for no reason. But I have to pray for the strength to see past these hateful things that people do and try to love them anyways. Just as Jesus Christ loves each and everyone of us while we are still sinners. Do you have those people in your life that discourage you and make you feel so little? Do they talk about people for no reason and cause unnecessary drama? All I can say is LOVE them.... I have struggled so many times in the past because I would rather avoid the situation and even the person instead of dealing with the problem. I feel like if I never deal with it it will go away and that it wont hurt so bad, if I just pretend like it didn't hurt me maybe I will convince myself that it didn't hurt after all..... but instead it makes it worse. The bible tells us if we have a problem with our brother we should go to them.... and if we don't we are just as wrong as they are. We should be a light to the world and as Christians we are called to be set apart form the world. People should see our "christian light" and want to know about Jesus and what he has done for you and me. Instead, with this hateful behavior people can be turned off to the christian life. God never gives you something that you can't handle. He always leaves for you a way of escape. Showing love in the hardest of times, to someone who is hurting so badly that they want to in turn hurt others, may be a gift that the Lord has blessed you with. If it's not a gift that you already have then pray to God for love in your heart so much that it runneth over into the lives of others. So I say to you.... have you been discouraged or hurt? Why don't you just LOVE them and KEEP ON KEEPING ON!
Friday night was fun but after a long week staying up till 5 am Saturday was hard..... but it was done. The girls came over and we watched a movie and we met the guys for IHOP at 12:30 am and we left about 2:15 am.... we had great service for having almost 30 kids with us. Even though we had two boys that were in a race to eat all the sugar packets we still had a great time.... at least they were boys doing that and that meant I didn't have to deal with their sugar high (Eric did lol). And what a girls night without pulling a little prank on the boys. One of the guys that graduated last year went to help Eric and hang out.... needless to say his car was a good target..... we sorta kinda suran wrapped his car doors shut....(disclaimer: this is something fun to do that causes no harm to the car). Then around 5 am the girls feel asleep and I was waking them up at 7:30..... Eric came home and we cleaned up and took a nap. IT WAS NOT ENOUGH! I could sleep for the next 24 hrs! All in all we had a great weekend and I hope you did too!
We cleaned the house -just don't look in the office ;) ~Last night.... Made homemade chex mix with candy corn Dipped about 4 dozen pretzel rods in orange colored white chocolate Toasted pumpkin seeds ~On my lunch break...... Baked about 4 dozen cookies ~This afternoon Make white chocolate popcorn balls Make lemonade Make tea
~And in the midst of all of this I made 2 pumpkin pies last night and get this.... Hubby and I don't eat pumpkin pies! lol I know they are a holiday favorite among many and I thought it would be good to try my hand at it.... and I'm not talking partially homemade... I'm talking all the way from an orange pumpkin on my counter to a warm pie in my oven kind of pumpkin pie. And since I can't eat it and Hubby doesn't care much for it.... I brought one to the Doc I work for and another to the lady that owns a fitness center next door. Just don't tell her how much sugar is in that thing ok? ;) I wanted a true opinion and I knew I would get honesty from these two. They said they loved it! The Doc ate almost half of a pie this morning by himself... I may have to make another one so his lovely wife can try it. So apparently I can make a pretty good pumpkin pie... humph.
Is their something that you don't care much for but you still make it for others?
AND I CAN'T WAIT! I get to spend time with my girls! In case you have no clue what I'm talking about..... the youth group girlies will be at my house Friday night for a sleep over! YAY! The last sleep over I had my house was transformed into a spa.... were the girls got facials, manicures,and pedicures..... but I'm going for something a little more low key this time...... we have been super busy but I knew if I kept it simple then a girls night could be done. So I am going home this afternoon to finish cleaning my house and making some Halloween goodies (I will make sure to post pics this weekend) I'm thinking spiderweb cookies and maybe pumpkin cupcakes. I only have to do a few snacks. To keep it simple Eric suggested them getting to the house about 9 pm, after the football game and after dinner (so I wouldn't have to worry about cooking "real food") and we are taking them to eat between 12 & 1 am. So all I have to do is provide the house, a few snacks, and a movie.... they will do the rest..... TRUST ME! :) Eric will also be doing a guys night at the church and they are going to be playing games. DID I MENTION I CAN'T WAIT FOR FRIDAY..... well I'm getting off work at noon and it off to the grocery store for me. I hope you guys have a great weekend!
1. Become a better and stronger Christian each and everyday! 2. Go on a mission trip out of the country 3. Be comfortable holding bible studies with others and do them all the time 4. Have children 5. Be a season ticket holder for THE ALABAMA CRIMSON TIDE (football) 6. Go to N.Y. and see a play 7. Become a paramedic so I can make a difference in peoples lives!
7 Things I Do Now
1. Spend time with the Youth Group 2. Sit and watch a bowl of water (that's what hubby calls my saltwater tank) 3. Love on our babies (our dogs) and talk to them like they understand me lol 4. Remodeling my home 5. sell partylite (I love burning candles in my home all the time) 6. Work in a doctors office 7. LOVE MY LIFE!
7 Things I Can't Do
1. Cut grass (I have just never done this. I do other yard work like trim hedges and pull weeds) 2. Not get my feeling hurt 3. Control my OCD all the time 4. Understand how people can be so hateful and rude and lie 5. Whistle 6. Sing -I love to sing and wish I could but unfortunately when I try ..... :( 7. Drive past a homeless person (someone who really looks like they need help) and not try to do something for them.
7 Things That Attract Me To My Hubby
He has a strong christian faith He is a servant to others His personality & compassion His simplicity taht makes him so complex His eyes His SMILE He knows how to have fun
7 Things That I Say Most
1. I LOVE YOU! 2. Huh? 3. I don't know? ~I say this sometimes when people ask me about something we are doing with the kids b/c my hubby is a little forgetful and doesn't remember to tell me or he changes the times of things and doesn't tell me ;) 4. Sure ~ I will volunteer for most anything. 5. How are you today? ~When I greet each of the patients when they walk in. 6. What day woul dyou like to come back on ___ or ____?~ When I check each patient out. 7. Millbrook Family Chiropractic, this is Haley, how can I help you? ~ I say this so much when I answer the phone at work that I have to remind myself not to say it when I answer at home.... sometimes I forget though.... lol
7 Celebrities That I Admire
Any of them that can be a celebrity and still be a good person.... and any of them that have good clean movies..... (Im not good with celebrity names off the top of my head....)
7 Favorite Foods
1. Hamburger helper 2. Poppyseed chicken casseroll 3. Just about anything pasta 4. SEAFOOD 5. Cheese cake 6. Homemade smashed potatoes 7. SUSHI (I could eat it all day everyday!)
7 People Who Need To Do This Everyone! Just let me know when you are finished so I will be sure and check it out!